May / June Volunteer Opportunities
- Room 103
Opportunities abound in room 103. There are many ways for parents and extended family to get involved and help us out!
- We love parent volunteers in the classroom working at centers.
- Perhaps you have a special skill or career and would like to share and help us learn? We will be inviting community helpers to visit our room later in the year.
- When going on field trips we have a few parents join us.
- If you would like to help us out from the comforts of home, we are happy to send along some projects. With your helping hands we can do much more and be more creative!
-Support our needs and creativity - Visit our Wish List tab at the top of the blog. Perhaps you have some items that you would like to donate to our class.
- We learn that everyone reads! We plan to have guest readers all year. As our understanding of this great big world expands we would like to invite readers to visit us from places near and far! If you have any family and friends(or a mom/dad traveling on business) in other parts of the world/country who might love to read us a story (via a google internet connection(Google Hangout)), Mrs. Hoyt would happily set that up! Students in room 103 will find you on the map! Then our quick “visit” will demonstrate just how interconnected we can be!
-As we learn about our own similarities and differences, we learn that we are part of a great big world! We will be learning about the 7 continents and common threads that all communities have.